If you were here yesterday you know what we did and you probably even remember the mission I gave you for today. The directions are in the post from yesterday, but I'm going to re-post them here.
If you were not here yesterday because you were testing or absent then find a partner who was here and get them to help you with the steps below.
Make a new Google Doc
- Go to Docs.google.com
- Sign in using your g-mail user name and password.
- Click the "Create new" button and then pick "document"
- This will give you a new blank Google Doc
- Put your FULL Name and period at the top.
- Click in the box that says "untitled document"
- Important: Name your doc this way 3xxEnglish Journal But instead of the xx's put your initials! (The 3 stands for period 3!)
- Click the "Share" button in the upper right corner.
- In the box that says "Add people" type in my G-mail address. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put a comma and add Ms. Smith also email@example.com
- Make sure it says "can edit" next to both of our names. This lets us add notes to you in your EJ and allows me to write in your grade.
- Always put your new work ON TOP of the old work. Your most recent EJ entries will be at the top and work you did before will move lower.
- Put the date on every entry.
- Always keep your EJ neat. Use a consistent format for dates and titles. Use bold headings and color consistently.
- Make sure you have all work completed in your English Journal.
- Read the English Journal Scoring Guide to see how it will be graded.
First Questions for your EJ. Copy and paste (ctrl-c = copy and ctrl-v = paste) these questions into your new EJ and answer them completely.
- Did the characters in the stories turn our to be what you expected based on their archetype? (explain)
- How does knowing about archetypes help you as a reader? (explain)
- Why do you think authors use archetypes in their writing? (yes, explain)