- Review all your previous tests and quizzes especially those on The Crucible and Civil Disobedience.
- Finish the chart you started in class on Monday. The one with the list of things we read, a theme for each thing and a test question you created for each reading.
- Re-read stories and essays you don't remember well.
- Figure out the answers to the leaked test questions below.
- Bring your notes, your books, a pen and a pencil to the test.
Leaked Test Questions!!!!
1. He was always an ethical person.
2. Which of the following Biblical items is NOT alluded to in “The World on the Turtle’s Back?”
a. The immaculate conception
b. A sacred tree that may not be touched
c. Argumentative twin brothers
d. The transformation of water into wine
3. Thoreau says that the only obligation he has to assume is to:
a. Support the government b. obey all laws
c. do what he thinks is right d. accept the majority rule
4. Which description of Rodrick Usher best foreshadows his death?
a. "His air appalled me. . . ."
b. ". . . an eye large, liquid, and luminous. . . ."
c. "The silken hair, too, had been suffered to grow. . . ."
d. "His countenance was . . . cadaverously wan. . . ."
5. Which of the following sentences would make the most effective thesis for an essay?
a. Huckleberry Finn and his father faced conflicts few families deal with today.
b. This essay is going to be about Huckleberry Finn and the troubles he had with his dad.
c. Huckleberry Finn is an amazing book written by Mark Twain.
d. Pap Finn and his son Huck are a model parent child relationship.
Don't forget to vote in the poll about grades. Study hard and good luck!
PS Have you seen the 8th grade Final from Kansas in 1895?