Today is crazy because third period needs to go to a grade level assembly and fourth period has our regular class. That means fourth period gets a bit ahead, making me a little crazy. (Yes, more than usual.)
Fourth period, you are going to set up your English Journal (EJ) in your Google Docs account, share it with me and answer some questions based on the homework you had last night.
Make a new Google Doc
- Go to Docs.google.com
- Sign in using your g-mail user name and password.
- Click the "Create new" button and then pick "document"
- This will give you a new blank Google Doc
- Put your FULL Name and period at the top.
- Click in the box that says "untitled document"
- Important: Name your doc this way 4xxEnglish Journal But instead of the xx's put your initials! (the 4 stands for period 4)
- Click the "Share" button in the upper right corner.
- In the box that says "Add people" type in my G-mail address. email@example.com
- Put a comma and add Ms. Smith also firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure it says "can edit" next to both of our names. This lets us add notes to you in your EJ and allows me to write in your grade.
- Always put your new work ON TOP of the old work. Your most recent EJ entries will be at the top and work you did before will move lower.
- Put the date on every entry.
- Always keep your EJ neat. Use a consistent format for dates and titles. Use bold headings and color consistently.
- Make sure you have all work completed in your English Journal.
- Read the English Journal Scoring Guide to see how it will be graded.
- Did the characters in the stories turn our to be what you expected based on their archetype? (explain)
- How does knowing about archetypes help you as a reader? (explain)
- Why do you think authors use archetypes in their writing? (yes, explain)