|public domain image|
We will begin with 10 minutes of silent reading.
Now that you have had a few days to think about your expert project it is time to get started on really figuring our what you really want to know more about. Today we will work on, "How do I choose a research question."
- Determine a topic that interests you.
- Ask a question related to your topic.
- Make sure your question is not too narrow (remember the polar bears). It needs to be big enough to learn about all year long.
- Too Narrow: How is global warming affecting polar bears?
- Just right: How is global warming affecting endangered species?
By the end of class today you should have your research question written at the top of your "expert project notes" page in Google Docs.