Here is a cloud of words from chapter 3. Take a look at them and make a guess what might be happening in this chapter. Hint: The larger words appear most often in the text.
Questions for chapter 3. Copy them into your English Journal and answer them as you read.
- Describe Gatsby's wealth. List some of the things that represent his wealth.
- What kinds of people come to Gatsby's parties?
- Why did Nick Carraway go to the party?
- How does Nick meet Gatsby?
- What are some of the stories about Gatsby?
- Is Gatsby a "phony"
- Describe Nick's relationship with Jordan?
Homework: Read the end of chapter 3, pages 54-64. Write 1/2 page about what you think Gatsby said to Jordan when they were alone. Chapter 3 quiz tomorrow.