In 1803 the United States bought the Louisiana Territory from France. In 1804 Lewis and Clark set out to explore this new territory overland. They were supposed to determine what resources the United States had acquired through this purchase.
Today we will look at some of the entries in the journals of Lewis and Clark. As you read through these look for two things:
1. Any statements they make that relate to the natural space they were in.
2. Any statements that reflect their assumptions or beliefs.
We will use Awesome Highlighter for this today.
- Go to The Journals of Lewis and Clark.
- Paste the URL for the journals into Awesome Highlighter.
- Highlight statements about NATURE in GREEN
- Highlight ASSUMPTIONS or BELIEFS in YELLOW
- When you are DONE put the URL for your work today in to your English Journal.
- Example from Mrs. R.