Remember we may have visitors today and we may not.
- To start please vote in the poll at the right, (the one about how much you liked the ideas in Self Reliance)
- Then write an entry in your English journal to explain why you voted the way you did.
Today you will read an excerpt from his essay "Civil Disobedience" with 2-3 other people. Together you will need to figure out the answers to some tough questions about what it says. You'll submit your responses to me in writing using THIS FORM. You'll need one person to submit the form with all your names. You can use docs or e-mail to share your answers with the person in your group responsible for the form.
These are the questions you will find on the form:
- What does Thoreau think about majority rule?
- What does Thoreau think about the military?
- How does he say we should deal with unjust laws?
- Why does Thoreau refuse to pay his taxes?
- What does he think of jail?