It's a stormy day. Hopefully most of you are here. Let's enjoy "The Raven".
Do you know what a parody is? If not click the word and check out the definition.
There have been many parodies written from "The Raven". Some of them are collected at a site called "The Raven's Nest".
We will look at several of these "Raven" parodies.
English Journal Entry:
- Choose one of the parodies we looked at.
- List at least 5 ways in which the original and the parody are similar.
- List at least 5 ways in which they are different.
- According to the definition, the purpose of a parody is "comic effect or ... ridicule." In what ways does this parody accomplish that purpose?
- (Questions by: http://fayette.k12.in.us/~cbeard/raven.html)